Information for visitors and worshippers
The safety of our congregation, visitors and staff is paramount. Please use common sense and don’t come to church if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 – a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
We have done everything possible to make the building and the experience of worship safe, and have modified the way in which you will be welcomed. Please will you play your part by:
- Wearing a face covering during your time in the church;
- Using the hand sanitizer gel on entering the building;
- Picking up your own service paper from the table at the back;
- Putting your offering into the collection plate OR using the contactless payment machine (as there will be no collection during the service), before
- Finding a seat that maintains appropriate social distancing from people outside your household.
When it comes to the time for Holy Communion, we have also done everything possible to make that experience safe (including rigorous hygiene behind the scenes and hand-cleansing before any of the vessels or elements are touched). Please will you play your part by:
- Following the directions you will be given about where to move and stand;
- Receiving the Sacrament in one kind (the bread only), standing;
- Returning to your place by way of the centre aisle, maintaining social distancing.
- If you feel anxious, stay in your place and pray rather than coming up to receive – and make a ‘spiritual communion’ in your heart.
Track and Trace
In order to support the national track and trace system, we need to keep a simple record of who has attended church services, and so a warden may ask for your name and contact number. Your attendance information will be stored securely and destroyed after 21 days.