Join us for a three day retreat in Ravenna with Fr Alan Gyle and Fr Victor Stock.
There will be time for study & reflection, for prayer and silence as we enjoy the Byzantine mosaics, churches and basilicas of this historic city. As is our custom, there will be also be time for rest and leisure and each evening we will eat together.
We invite you to book your own transport and accommodation – see below for suggestions.
Arrivals and departures:
- We will start with drinks and dinner from 6pm on the evening of Monday 11th May.
- We will end with lunch together on Thursday 14th May.
Please endeavour to make your travel arrangements so that you’re with us for the whole programme. You can, of course, extend your trip either before or after!
- You will arrange and pay for your own travel and accommodation.
- We will eat together each evening. To make things simple, the bill will be paid each evening on your behalf and at the end of the trip the costs will be divided equitably between the participants ‘at cost’. We have done this for years and it works very well! You can expect your ‘mess bill’ on return to London.
- The charge for participation on the retreat is £95. This covers all the costs of preparation, materials, and the services of a local guide.
- The nearest airport to Ravenna is Bologna [BLQ]. There are a number of direct flights each day from London with BA (Heathrow), EasyJet (Gatwick) and Ryanair (Stansted & Luton).
- If you plan to fly out on the morning of Monday 11th the 11:25 EasyJet flight from Gatwick would seem the best option. For early-birds, there is also a BA flight at 08:00 from Heathrow, and Ryanair flights from Stansted at 08:30 and 11:45.
- If you’re returning on the evening of Thursday 14th, the 19:05 BA flight to Heathrow seems to be the best option. There is also a Ryanair flight to Stansted departing Bologna at 21:50.
Getting from Bologna to Ravenna
- The train journey from Bologna’s central train station to Ravenna takes about 1½ hours. Transfer from Bologna airport to the central rail station takes around 15mins by taxi or 30mins by bus. Alternatively, you could hire a car, especially if you plan to explore other parts of the area before or after the retreat!